Adviceline 0808 278 7930 (Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm)

Benefits advice

It is important to make sure that you get the benefits you are entitled to from the DWP, HMRC, Mole Valley District Council and Surrey County Council. Find out about the benefits you can get and how they are paid. If you are not happy with a decision, find out what you can do and how you can appeal.

Our team can give advice on your benefits questions, including practical help with:

  • Understanding which benefits to claim and how they work
  • Benefit calculations (both before and after you claim)
  • Filling in forms, including Disability Benefit forms
  • Challenging decisions and making appeals
  • Negotiating benefit overpayments
  • Claiming your State Pension

For help with claiming Universal Credit, or issues with your first payment, please call the Citizens Advice Help to Claim team on 0800 144 8444.


Search the Citizens Advice benefits advice pages


Benefits information from other key organisations


Contact us – we’re here to help